To manage a Chrome device in your domain, you must enroll it before any user signs in to it. If a user signs in a Chromebook before you enroll it to your domain, you need to reset and wipe the Chromebook to restart enrollment to your domain. When you reset your Chromebook to factory settings, all data on the hard drive will be erased.
To wipe a Chromebook to factory settings:
- Turn off the Chromebook.
- Press Esc+Reload+Power key.
- The Chromebook will turn on and show a yellow exclamation mark (!) and "Chrome OS is missing or damaged. Please insert a recovery USB stick or SD card" message. If not try 1-2 again.
- Press Ctrl+D.
The Chromebook will show the "To turn OS verification off, press Enter…" message.
- Press Enter.
The Chromebook will reboot and then show the "OS Verification is turned off" message.
- Press Space bar, then press Enter.
The Chromebook will reboot and then deletes its local data, returning to factory settings.
- When the Chromebook turned on, click Let's go on the Welcome! screen.
- Choose your wireless network to connect.
- Click Accept and continue on the Google Chrome OS terms screen.
- If you have force re-enrollment set in the Google Admin Console, the Enterprise Enrollment screen will appear. If not, Press Ctrl+Alt+E to change to the Enterprise Enrollment.
- Sign in any user account in the domain.
- The Chromebook will enroll to the domain and should join back to the same OU in the management console.